I stumbled across this book at a local writers book event. I was hooked by the description almost immediately.This novel is the first in a series…and although it definitely lays the groundwork, it felt like it was dragging on in spots. With that said, I found this “interlude” to be interesting and somehow relevant to our world today.
“The Reality of Demons
A thought occurred to us
On demons.
We have not had the pleasure of discussing their true nature.
Nor that we’ll divulge all their secrets.
Where’s the joy in that?
Unfading as their presence is.
It is crucial your consider their potential.
Extinction can never truly become them,
For even a fleeting thought, is existence enough.
Demons are rife with lust for fear and trickery.
They want you to question if you’ve dared cross paths.
The demons know.
They’ve taken diabolical delight…in toying with emotions.
Leaving you wondering…while they revel in the knowledge of knowing.
It would be foolish to not entertain the reality of demons.
Civilizations have shriveled dry for assuming less.
Rest assured…they are alive and unwell.
Watching.
Waiting.
And wanting.”
(179-180)

No comments:
Post a Comment